As search engines are critical for listing your website for your business related search queries, it becomes important to build websites that abide by the search engine rules. The web design should enable the search engines to easily crawl through the website and rank it based on its quality. So, in order to make your website search engine friendly you need to follow few basic to advanced techniques.
In this article you can find a few basic features that can make a website search engine friendly.
Features that help improve search engine rankings
As the traffic to the website is directly proportional to the position of website in the search results, search engine rankings are highly important for any website. Following features could effectively help in improving the ranks of your website in the search results.
- Design of website: A well structured and organized web design is critical for every website. In order to make the website search engine friendly the layout and usability of the design should not be complex. An effective and impressive website design comprises of quality images, fine background, use of good color combinations, easy to read font size, proper alignment of the text, etc.
Further, simple navigation menus and titles, site maps, good layouts, etc., will dramatically improve the visibility of the site as they make it easy for search engine spiders to access the website.
- Keyword research and management: Keyword research and management is one of the essential steps in optimizing the website. Try to figure out keywords that are used by your target audience. Use them in web page content, meta tags, urls, etc., as they establish relevancy between your website and search terms. However, make sure you limit your keyword density, otherwise search engines may consider it as a spam.
- Technical aspects: Technical aspects like browser and resolution compatibility, checking for error pages makes it easy for search engine bots to crawl through the web pages. Use upgraded technologies like Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), which help you minimize the amount of formatting in the HTML page code, making it easy for the search engines to understand the content.
- Build a link network: Links given to your website from other good websites improve the credibility of your business. Therefore, try to provide informational and useful content on your site which naturally attracts others to give link to your website. Always remember, only natural links are useful for indexing and ranking the site. Also, be aware of the broken and dead links given to your site. Correct them immediately for better results.
- Quality content: Quality content plays an important part in giving rankings to your website. So, it is important to have content that is relevant, unique, fresh, and informative, on your website. Also, make sure that your content is devoid of any kind of grammatical or factual errors. Good content is also a key in building good reputation for your business.
Approaching a professional search engine optimization (SEO) company is a good idea to make your website search engine friendly. This is because, established SEO firms have technical expertise and marketing experience in making the website work for your business.
Posted In Resource Center
This entry was posted on Monday, September 10th, 2012 at 1:03 pm and is filed under Resource Center. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.